This is the first in our series: meet our staff!
Today, meet MARCI!
1. What’s one thing that makes you smile?
The sun! After the last two winters, I’m all about sunny, warm weather.
2. When did you start working with Dr. Fischman? Tell us the story.
I started working with Dr. Fischman in 1993 after we were both hired by the same dental group within 6 months of each other. When Dr. Fischman decided to open his own orthodontic practice, I moved with him.
3. What’s your favorite thing about working at the office?
The best thing about working at the office is having my sister, Brenda, and friends as co-workers.
4. Tell us what makes an ideal patient.
Of course it’s great when a patient comes in for appointments and follows instructions, but I love when patients feel at home, chit-chat and have fun when they come in.
5. Any great or crazy stories from the office?
At least once a week I’ll answer a call from someone wanting to schedule Lasik surgery.
6. What’s your favorite thing to do around West Hartford or Hartford?
West Hartford Center has great restaurants and little shops within walking distance of the office.
7. What are your hobbies– what do you do when you’re not at work?
When I’m not working I like to read, run, garden (although I admittedly do not have a green thumb) and spend time with my husband and daughters. Also, Candy Crush is my guilty pleasure.
8. If you had a personal motto, what would it be?
There is a reason for everything.
9. Favorite book, song, or movie and why?
I’m not ashamed to admit I am a huge Twilight Saga fan.
10. What’s one thing that makes you laugh?
My husband, Joe, makes me laugh.